Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Yard Sheds..... Often Unrealized Assets.

Do you have a little square footage of un-claimed equity in your back yard? Two of the top items on homebuyers lists today are A)Storage and B)Offices. A shed can provide both of these requests. While you don't need to do an overhaul like I have planned when selling your home.....you do need to clean it up and make it an asset buyers will want!


 I have a shed in my yard. Sadly, it is not the cute Hobbit House pictured above. It used to be "the man shed", but "the man" got a whole new addition and garage, so I have claimed the shed as mine. Don't feel sorry for me thinking that I got the short end of the sick in this deal...I think I got the best part. I have however been paralyzed by the options available to me as what to do with the shed. This is not like me at all, I usually jump right in hammers and paintbrushes flying. But I really want this to be special, or useful, or both...heck, I don't really know what I want to do with it.

I am inspired by all the gorgeous and amazing shed photos out the on the "inter-web"...lol. It is truly overwhelming.

I would like this......


Or this.....




Maybe the inside could become a haven, like this...



Or incredibly useful, like this....



Or an office, like this...



The sad truth is.....what I have right now, looks like this........

This is pretty dreamy stuff heh?

Can you feel yourself relaxing yet?



Yeah.....Welcome to my reality... and probably yours too. But really, it is nothing a truck and a trip to the dump can't fix! Have ideas for my shed? Put them in the comments below, or email me thesellablehome@gmail.com. If you are a google+ user,  The Sellable Home, LLC. I really want your thoughts.....so get going!

Spring is around the corner....hang on.

Teresa.



No comments:

Post a Comment